An estimate by the United Nations Development Fund ( UNDF) for women shows that at least one of every three women in the world is beaten, raped, or otherwise abused during her lifetime.
What does UNDF stand for?
UNDF stands for United Nations Development Fund
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNDF
We have 2 other meanings of UNDF in our Acronym Attic
- United Nations Democracy Fund
- Under Direction of God
- Under Secretary of the Navy (US Navy)
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Development
- Underwater Explosion
- United Nations Democracy Fund
- United Nations Detention Facility (Tanzania)
- Uganda National Dairy Farmers' Association
- United Nations Development Fund for Women
- Underground (mining)
- United Nations Dangerous Goods (four-digit number classification; UN Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods)
- United Nations Development Group
- United Nations Development Group Office
- United Nations Daily Highlights
- United Nations Department of Humanitarian Affairs
- United Nation's Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Universal Declaration on Human Rights (UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, according to a letter seen by dpa, the government lacks the funds to carry out the referendum and general elections later in the year, and will need some 225 million dollars from donor nations and institutions like the United Nations Development Fund (UNDP).
Topics include Filipina migrant workers' transnational struggles for protection and social justice, confronting empire in Filipina-American feminist thought, feminist thought in Kikuyu struggles for land and food sovereignty in Kenya, solidarity economic organizing by Mexican women, Third World women's global actions in response to oil exploitation, sex trafficking migration in South Asia, and dynamics of gender and development in Africa in the case of the United Nations Development Fund for Women.
United Nations Development Fund (UNDP) Deputy-Resident Representative Ann-Marie Ali said a lot has been achieved since 2008, with the country making significant progress towards meeting its obligations foreseen in the International Convention on Biological Diversity.
pdf#page=31 (3) United Nations Development Fund for Women/UNIFEM).
The training course is organized by Women National Committee (WNC) in collaboration with the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM).
UN Women merges and will build on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system which focus exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment which are : The Division for the Advancement of Women (DAW, established in 1946), Office of the Special Adviser on Gender Issues and Advancement of Women (OSAGI, established in 1997), United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM, established in 1976), UN International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women (INSTRAW, established in 1976) .