He said that the participation of Heads of State, Government and senior ministers and politicians from different regions of the world along with scientists and specialists under the auspices the Secretariat of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification reflect the interest of the United Nations in the international cooperation to find scientific and political ways to deal with the problem.
What does UNCCD stand for?
UNCCD stands for United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- University of North Carolina Board of Governors
- Union Nationale Culture et Bibliothèques pour Tous (French: National Union Culture and Libraries for All; Paris, France)
- Uganda National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kampala, Uganda)
- United Nations Church Center (New York, NY)
- United Nations Compensation Commission
- Universal Nova Capturing Confederation (gaming clan)
- University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Utility Notification Center of Colorado
- United Nations Climate Change Convention
- Uniting Neighbors of Carrboro and Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Uganda National Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- United Nations Conciliation Commission for Palestine
- United Nations Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
- United Nations Common Coding System
- Ultra-Nano-Crystalline Diamond
- Under the Covers Dog
- United Nations Conference on Desertification
- United Nations Common Database
Samples in periodicals archive:
Today, President Obiang met with Luc Gnacadja, executive Secretary of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification, Dr.
Onhis part, UNDP Special Representative of the Administrator, Frode Mauring, in a speech, said "this strategy is an important step ahead on the right way to join the world in fighting desertification as well as fulfilling the requirements of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification.
Programs by the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification were underfunded, she said.
Programmes by the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification were underfunded, she said.
Desertification is formally defined under the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) as "land degradation in arid, semi-arid, and dry sub-humid areas resulting from various factors, including climatic variations and human activities".
According to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification, during the Dust Bowl years, "At least five inches of topsoil were lost from nearly 10 million acres.
Background: Desertification in China and Mongolia The 1994 United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) is the principal international governance structure for addressing the world's desertification problems.