In a statement issued in response to AI's report on torture, the cabinet reaffirms its determination to continuing its interaction with UN bodies, including the United Nations Committee against Torture and its Special Rapporteur, while remaining active and open, in a constructive way, on all national and international civil society organizations.
What does UNCAT stand for?
UNCAT stands for United Nations Committee Against Torture
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNCAT
We have 1 other meaning of UNCAT in our Acronym Attic
- Uncached Space
- Union Nationale des Coopératives Agricoles de Céréales
- United Nations Convention Against Corruption
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- University of North Carolina Alumni Heart Study
- Uncovering New Chicago Archives Project (Chicago, IL)
- United Nations Consolidated Appeals Process
- United Nations Conventional Arms Register
- United Nations Conference on the Application of Science and Technology for the Benefit of the Less Developed Areas
- United Nations Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment or Punishment
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Union National Community Bank (Mount Joy, PA)
- United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- University of North Carolina Board of Governors
- Union Nationale Culture et Bibliothèques pour Tous (French: National Union Culture and Libraries for All; Paris, France)
- Uganda National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kampala, Uganda)
- United Nations Church Center (New York, NY)
- United Nations Compensation Commission
- Universal Nova Capturing Confederation (gaming clan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And adamant that she won't back down, Elizabeth and fellow Magdalene survivor Mary Merritt have taken their campaign all the way to the United Nations Committee Against Torture to make their voices heard.
This week, four survivors of US torture filed a complaint against Canada with the United Nations Committee Against Torture for the country's failure to investigate and prosecute Bush during his visit to British Columbia last year, the first such complaint filed with the UN Committee, it said.
On Friday, the United Nations Committee against Torture called on Yemen to end the widespread torture of detainees and investigate allegations of unlawful killings by its security forces.
The United Nations Committee Against Torture, meeting in Geneva, also revisited the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests, urging the government to grant reparations and investigate the crackdown, The News reported.
According to the mandate of the Coalition against Torture, the annual report is based on material provided by the coalition to the United Nations Committee against Torture in September 2008.
Lest there be any doubt about the dangers of sending him back, let us remember that the United Nations Committee Against Torture repeated its previous concerns about Uzbekistan in a report late last year.
Calls to close the facility and release or try its 460 foreign detainees are steadily mounting -- they come now from close allies such as Britain and Germany, from the United Nations Committee Against Torture, and from every major human rights group.