The United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda (UNAMIR), the contingent headed by Dallaire a few months previous to the collapse of order, was essentially told to pull out of the remerging Rwandan civil war between Hum rebels, and ethnic Tutsis and Hutu moderates.
What does UNAMR stand for?
UNAMR stands for United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan
- Users' Network for Applied Modeling of Air Pollution
- Associação de Universidades Amazônicas (Portuguese: Association of Amazonian Universities; Brazil)
- United Nations Mission in East Timor
- União Nacional Africana de Moçambique Independente (Portuguese: National African Union of Independent Mozambique)
- United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq
- United Nations Advance Mission In Cambodia
- United Nations - African Union Mission in Darfur
- United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda
- United Nations Advance Mission in Sudan
- United Nations Assistance Mission in Sierra Leone
- United Nations Observer Mission Uganda-Rwanda
- Urhobo National Association of North America (philanthropic group)
- United Nations Association of the National Capital Area
- Uganda National Association for Nurses and Midwives
- United Nations Association of New Zealand
- United Nations Alliance of Civilizations
- UNISA (University of South Australia) Northern Adelaide Partnerships (est 2002; Australia)
- United Nations Association of Pakistan (Pakistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The story of Romeo Dallaire and his experience as force commander for the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda (UNAMIR) continues to unfold.
Romeo Dallaire, the Canadian commander in charge of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda (UNAMIR).