Last year, the United Naga Council imposed a 120 day long economic blockade on Manipur that brought the state to a standstill.
What does UNC stand for?
UNC stands for United Naga Council (India)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UNC
We have 101 other meanings of UNC in our Acronym Attic
- Uncorrected Noncompliance (Michigan)
- Under-Nourished Children (health)
- Unified Coarse Thread
- Unified National Coarse
- Uniform National Coarse (screw thread)
- Unión Nacional Camerunesa (Spanish)
- Unión Nacional de Campesinos (Spanish: National Union of Campesinos, Honduras)
- Union Nationale des Combattants (French: National Union of Combatants)
- Unione Nazionale Chinesiologi (Italian: National Union of Kinesiology)
- United National Congress (Trinidad and Tobago)
- United Nations Command
- United Neighborhood Center (Pennsylvania)
- United Nuclear Corporation
- Universal Naming Convention
- Universal Network Controller (computer processor platform)
- Universal Noiseless Coding
- Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (Spanish, Argentine University)
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue (Argentina)
- University of New Caledonia
Samples in periodicals archive:
The blockade was "temporarily" lifted on Tuesday by the United Naga Council (UNC) in an apparent attempt to secure a meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his visit on Saturday.
However, a counter blockade called by the United Naga Council (UNC) against the creation of the district on August 21 last continues to this day.
Chief Minister Ibobi Singh has reportedly appealed to the United Naga Council and the All Naga Students Association Manipur, both of whom are responsible for the blockade, to end the deadlock.
Chidambaram and Manipur Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi Singh appealed to the agitators of the United Naga Council (UNC) and the All Naga Students Association Manipur (ANSAM) to withdraw their economic blockade.
Imphal, Nov 4 (ANI): Despite the Sadar Hills District Demand Committee (SHDDC) lifting the economic blockade in Manipur, the counter embargo imposed by the United Naga Council (UNC) on National Highways 39 and 37 has adversely affected normal life, as there has been an acute shortage of petrol and diesel in the state.
Imphal, Nov 2 (ANI): The news of the Sadar Hills District Demand Committee (SHDDC) lifting the blockade in Manipur, following a written assurance from the State government to upgrade Sadar Hills as a full fledged district, has brought no respite to the people of the Manipur as a counter economic blockade by United Naga Council (UNC) continues to be in full swing along the national highways.
The SHDDC demand has met tough resistance from United Naga Council.