Best known for handing out Wimbledon trophies as President of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, he is also the top Freemason - the Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England.
What does UGLE stand for?
UGLE stands for United Grand Lodge of England
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Universal Graphics Library
- Ukranian Gay and Lesbian Association
- Undergraduate Laboratory Assistant
- Uniform General Ledger Accounts
- Uptown Gay and Lesbian Alliance (Los Angeles, CA)
- Uniform General Ledger Accounting Structure
- Under-Graduate Learning Center
- University of Giessen Lung Center (Germany)
- University of Glasgow Ladies' Club (UK)
- Upper Great Lakes Connecting Channels
- Upper Great Lakes Educational Technologies, Inc. (Michigan)
- Upper Grand Learning Foundation (Canada)
- Urban Guerrilla Liberation Front
- Unit of General Local Government
- Undergraduate Library
- Underground Government Liberation Intergroup (New Adventures of Beans Baxter)
- United Global Logistics International (Garden City, NY)
- Unwanted Gratuitous Love Interest
- United Grand Lodge of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia)
- United Grand Lodge of Queensland (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now a new independent report, commissioned by the United Grand Lodge of England, is calling for greater openness in an attempt to bring Freemasonry out of the shadows and fully into the 21st Century.
1717: The Premier Grand Lodge of England, the first Masonic Grand Lodge in the world - now the United Grand Lodge of England - is founded in London.
But the ceremony at the HQ of the United Grand Lodge of England infuriated BBC chiefs.
The United Grand Lodge of England hailed the report as a vindication.
The United Grand Lodge of England neither recognises nor approves of mixed lodges.
Chris Connop, from the United Grand Lodge of England, said he couldn't comment on the case specifically because it was a provincial matter.