We thank them for forming the two political parties--the United Gold Coast Convention and the Convention People's Party, which mobilized our people to fight against British colonialism.
What does UGCC stand for?
UGCC stands for United Gold Coast Convention (Council on Ghanaian Independence)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UGCC
We have 7 other meanings of UGCC in our Acronym Attic
- Ulmstead Gardens Community Association (Arnold, MD)
- Universal Gateway Call Analyzer (Cisco)
- Utah Gun Collectors Association
- Union Générale des Coopératives Agricoles Françaises Union Générale des Coopératives Agricoles Françaises
- Ultrasonically Guided Cutting Biopsies
- Ugandan Church Christian Council
- Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church
- Umbrella Group on Climate Change
- Undergraduate Curricula Committee
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- United Gulf Construction Company
- University Guidance and Counseling Center
- Urbana Golf and Country Club (Urbana, IL)
- UDP Glucose Ceramide Glucosyltransferase
- UDP (uridine diphosphate) Glucose Ceramide Glucosyltransferase-Like 1 (enzyme)
- Unione Giuristi Cattolici Italiani (Union of Italian Catholic Jurists)
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Game Control Interface (input device)
- United Gamben Club of Marbella
- Uniform Grant and Contract Management Standards (Texas)
- Ultrasound-Guided Compression Repair
Samples in periodicals archive:
Danquah, Paa Grant, Ako Adjei, William Ofori-Atta and Obetsebi-Lamptey who make up the popularly remembered 'Big Six' who started the United Gold Coast Convention of which Nkrumah initially served as secretary and later broke away to form his own Convention People's Party that led Ghana to independence on 6 March 1957.
Leadership and Grass Roots Democracy in Ghana's Independence Struggles: Ghana's independence struggles began formally with the establishment of the United Gold Coast Convention.