Fred worked as a foreman at Gem Crib and Cradle Company in Gardner and also worked at Patriot Industries in Winchendon for many years before being elected in 1976 to serve as Local Business Manager of the United Furniture Workers of America, Local 154.
What does UFWA stand for?
UFWA stands for United Furniture Workers of America (est. 1937)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UFWA
- University of Florida Veterinary Medical Center (Gainesville, FL)
- Ukrainian Fashion Week (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Unabhängige und Freie Wählergemeinschaft (German: Independent Voters and Free Community; Germany)
- Unaccounted for Water (water distribution network)
- Unfed Female Weight
- United Factory Warehouse
- United Farm Workers (union)
- Universal File Writer (computer programming)
- United Farm Women of Alberta (Canada)
- United Farm Workers of America
- Unofficial Football World Championships
- United Front Work Department
- United Four Wheel Drive Associations
- Urban Forestry Working Group
- Universities Fighting World Hunger (Auburn, AL)
- United Farm Women of Ontario (est. 1918)
- United Farm Workers Organizing Committee
- United Faculty of Washington State
- United Farm Workers Union (national labor organization)
- United Faculty of Western Washington (Western Washington University union; Bellingham, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We believe these are still two goals many furniture and woodworking plants will want to consider, especially now that the United Furniture Workers of America has moved its headquarters into the backyard of the nation's furniture heartland -- Nashville, TN -- and has vowed to drive harder to unionize this industry.
However, this did not stop the Committee for Industrial Organization (CIO) from organizing the industry-wide United Furniture Workers of America.