Police will be on alert to prevent confrontations between antigovernment protestors and so-called "red shirts" of the pro-Thaksin United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship, or UDD, who reportedly also plan to rally this weekend, though not in Bangkok unless they are "needed" there by the government.
What does UDD stand for?
UDD stands for United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (Thailand)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UDD
We have 22 other meanings of UDD in our Acronym Attic
- Unconstrained Delay Data
- Underage Drinking and Driving
- Underworld Death Dealers (World of Warcraft guild)
- Underwriting Decision Documentation (insurance)
- Unidade de Derivação Digital
- Unified Development District
- Uniform Distribution of Deaths (actuarial models)
- Union Direkte Demokratie (German: Direct Democracy Union)
- Union for Democracy and Development (Mali)
- Unit Dose Dispensing
- Unity Duty Destiny (Bionicle fan fiction)
- Universal Data Dictionary
- Universidad del Desarrollo (Chile)
- Unpaid Domestic Duties (marriage registries)
- Up Dharma Down (band)
- Urine Detection Device (Singapore)
- Urine Diversion Dehydration (toilet)
- User Documentation Description
- User-Defined Database
- User-Driven Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
If they gather at Jatujak Park, we will gather at Lumpini Park,'' said Natthawut Saikua, a leader of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship or UDD, whose members are known as the Red Shirts.
Poor against elite' The United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship has portrayed the demonstrations as a struggle between Thailand's impoverished, mainly rural masses and a Bangkok-based elite impervious to their plight.
We re asking the government to relinquish power and return it to the people," said Veera Musikapong, chairman of the protest group, United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship, setting a deadline of noon Monday for parliament to be dissolved.