April 7 /PRNewswire/ -- The Change to Win Labor Federation held its first-ever Michigan conference at United Food and Commercial Workers Local 951's New Hudson office, where members gathered to show support of the growing union and its mission to unite Michigan's workers for better economic opportunities.
What does UFCW stand for?
UFCW stands for United Food and Commercial Workers
This definition appears very frequently
We have 1 other meaning of UFCW in our Acronym Attic
- Union Féminine Civique et Sociale (French: Civic and Social Union of Women)
- United Fire and Casualty (insurance)
- Universal Fire Control System (Lockheed Martin)
- Ultra Fast Computed Tomography
- United Federation of College Teachers
- Universal Fiber Continuity Tester
- Ukrainian Federal Credit Union (various locations)
- Ulster Federation of Credit Unions (UK)
- University Federal Credit Union
- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine (Gainesville, FL)
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
- United Food and Commercial Workers Union
- Union des Forces Démocratiques (French: Union of Democratic Forces; various locations)
- Union of Democratic Forces (Republic of the Congo)
- Union of Free Democrats (Bulgaria)
- Unique Factorization Domain
- Unit Functional Description
- Universal Firing Device
- Up Front Display
- USB Flash Drive
Samples in periodicals archive:
The confluence of challenges began in May when longtime local federation leader Contreras suddenly died, and then in June unions including the Teamsters, Service Employees International Union and the United Food and Commercial Workers broke away from the national federation amid dissent over strategy.
The workers, with help from the Immigrant Worker Project nearby, first tried to find backing from major unions like the Farm Labor Organizing Committee and the United Food and Commercial Workers.
Publix earlier had to pay back wages in settlement of a charge filed by the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) Local 1625 alleging the company illegally fired a worker for union support in the Miami distribution center.
WASHINGTON -- The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) today applauded President Obama for signing into law a new overhaul of our nation's food safety system, which was passed by Congress last year.
Kinsey noted that this is already at play in the strike by the United Food and Commercial Workers union that began Oct.
SOURCE United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1776
WASHINGTON -- "The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) congratulates Richard Trumka on his election as AFL-CIO President.