Although the United Farm Workers of America, which Chavez co-founded, has a celebrated flag, the Si Se Puede
What does UFWA stand for?
UFWA stands for United Farm Workers of America
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UFWA
- University of Florida Veterinary Medical Center (Gainesville, FL)
- Ukrainian Fashion Week (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Unabhängige und Freie Wählergemeinschaft (German: Independent Voters and Free Community; Germany)
- Unaccounted for Water (water distribution network)
- Uncomplicated Firewall (Linux)
- Unfed Female Weight
- United Factory Warehouse
- United Farm Workers (union)
- Universal File Writer (computer programming)
- United Farm Women of Alberta (Canada)
- United Furniture Workers of America (est. 1937)
- Unofficial Football World Championships
- United Front Work Department
- United Four Wheel Drive Associations
- Urban Forestry Working Group
- Universities Fighting World Hunger (Auburn, AL)
- United Farm Women of Ontario (est. 1918)
- United Farm Workers Organizing Committee
- United Faculty of Washington State
- United Farm Workers Union (national labor organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Anyone willing to help can contact the United Farm Workers of America, AFL-CIO, P.
Navy, and in 1962 formed what would become United Farm Workers of America.
The United Farm Workers of America, AFL-CIO, is not so much a union as a movement, said current president Arturo Rodriguez, himself a member of the AFL-CIO's governing executive council.
During his keynote address, Lupe Gamboa, Washington State regional director of the United Farm Workers of America, AFL-CIO, said, "Farmworkers are treated this way because they don't have political power and they don't have economic power.