The organization, born in 1909, and its women's section, the United Farm Women of Alberta (established in 1915-16), had forced the Liberal administration, in office since 1905, to pass some favourable legislation for the farm community.
What does UFWA stand for?
UFWA stands for United Farm Women of Alberta (Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UFWA
- University Film and Video Foundation
- University of Florida Veterinary Medical Center (Gainesville, FL)
- Ukrainian Fashion Week (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Unabhängige und Freie Wählergemeinschaft (German: Independent Voters and Free Community; Germany)
- Unaccounted for Water (water distribution network)
- Uncomplicated Firewall (Linux)
- Unfed Female Weight
- United Factory Warehouse
- United Farm Workers (union)
- Universal File Writer (computer programming)
- United Farm Workers of America
- United Furniture Workers of America (est. 1937)
- Unofficial Football World Championships
- United Front Work Department
- United Four Wheel Drive Associations
- Urban Forestry Working Group
- Universities Fighting World Hunger (Auburn, AL)
- United Farm Women of Ontario (est. 1918)
- United Farm Workers Organizing Committee
- United Faculty of Washington State
Samples in periodicals archive:
Utilizing women's diaries and memoirs, Sheila McManus considers women's descriptions of their work against the public representation of that work in the women's pages of farm newspapers and the records of the United Farm Women of Alberta in the early 20th century.
Out of this success grew the women's wing of the group, the United Farm Women of Alberta, which battled for such concessions as equal homestead rights while at the same time improving rural conditions "morally and intellectually.