He initially denied charges of corruption that were laid by New Delhi police and was even lauded for 'unquestionable integrity and honesty' by Ali Bacher before the former United Cricket Board of South Africa boss learned the truth that stunned the cricket world.
What does UCB stand for?
UCB stands for United Cricket Board
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UCB
We have 81 other meanings of UCB in our Acronym Attic
- Uncalled4 Band (music)
- Unemployment Compensation Benefits
- Union Chimique Belge (French; biopharmaceutical manufacturer; Brussels, Belgium)
- Union de Crédit pour le Bâtiment (Belgium)
- Unit Code Browser
- Unit Control Block
- United California Bank
- United Carolina Bank
- United Christian Broadcasters
- United Colors of Benetton (fashion brand)
- Universal Chess Board
- Universal Commercial Bank
- Universidad Catolica Boliviana (Spanish; Bolivian Catholic University; Bolivia)
- Universidade Castello Branco (Castello Branco University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Universidade Católica de Brasilia (Brazil)
- University Centre Barnsley (UK)
- University College of Belize
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Colorado, Boulder
- Upper Confidence Bound
Samples in periodicals archive:
The late Hansie Cronje was banned from cricket in 2000 by the United Cricket Board of South Africa for his part in a match-fixing scandal - a decision upheld on appeal - which showed South Africa was taking its responsibilities seriously.
ALI Bacher, former South Africa Test batsman and exmanaging director of the United Cricket Board of South Africa ( UCBSA), now Cricket South Africa ( CSA), quit cricket administration six years ago, but today he is " concerned" about the lack of black players emerging from the disadvantaged townships and wonders if the national team would be without the blacks in future.
Instead, they asked that formal letters of apology be written to South Africa's United Cricket Board and the Western Province Cricket Association.
Smith skipper CRICKET: Graeme Smith will captain Somerset next summer ( subject to clearance from the United Cricket Board of South Africa.
The former United Cricket Board of South Africa president will serve a one-year term in his new role before taking over from ICC president Ehsan Mani at next year's annual conference.
A statement from the United Cricket Board of South Africa said Gibbs had been "experiencing severe physical and mental fatigue, such being the result of an extremely long and challenging international season".
A statement from the UCB declared: "The United Cricket Board of South Africa has accepted the findings of the Commission Chairman Advocate following the disciplinary hearing into the alleged racist remarks made by EP Jumbos coach Kepler Wessels and respects the process that was followed.