Today, there are over 140 Bible societies around the world, known as the United Bible Societies (UBS).
What does UBS stand for?
UBS stands for United Bible Societies
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UBS
We have 111 other meanings of UBS in our Acronym Attic
- Uganda Bureau of Standards
- UHF Base Station
- Ulaanbaatar Broadcasting System
- Ultima Battle System (gaming)
- Unbiased Bit String
- Underwater Battery Supervisor
- Uninterruptible Battery System
- Union Bank of Switzerland
- Union de Banques Suisses (French: Union of Swiss Banks)
- Unique Business Systems (various locations)
- United Black Seminarians (student group)
- United Blood Services
- United Buying Service
- Universal Banking Solution (Oracle)
- Universal Bomb Suspension
- Universal Building Society (UK)
- Universal Building Systems, Inc. (Minneapolis, MN)
- Universal Business Solutions, LLC (Alpharetta, GA)
- Universitair Bibliotheek Systeem
- University Bookshop (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stine was director for translation, production, and distribution services for the United Bible Societies (UBS) from 1992 to 1998.
Through a partnership between the United Bible Societies and the China Christian Council, the Amity Printing Press was born in 1988; in its first full year of operation, it printed 500,000 Bibles.
He was Canadian delegate to the first World Assembly of the United Bible Societies in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, in 1972 -- the year of the first Russia-Canada hockey series.
So far, the American Bible Society and its 134 counterparts around the world -- all under the umbrella of the United Bible Societies -- have helped to translate the Bible into more than half of the world's 5,000 languages and dialects.
The United Bible Societies (UBS), as a global organization of 135 national Bible societies serving over two hundred countries, provides Christian scriptures to churches that have a variety of experiences in their study of the Bible.
The hand-size, leather-bound book was presented to the chief by representatives of the United Bible Societies and the British and Foreign Bible Society and will be added to the chapel's other treasures.