In 1933, the Commission on Education of the United Baptist Convention of Maine voted to sever all ties with Colby and Bates colleges.
What does UBC stand for?
UBC stands for United Baptist Convention
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UBC
We have 133 other meanings of UBC in our Acronym Attic
- Unified Buffer Cache
- Uniform Billing Code (various locations)
- Uniform Building Code
- Union Bank of California
- Union Banking Corporation
- Union Baptist Church (various cities)
- Union of Baltic Cities
- Union of the Baltic Cities
- Unique Broadcasting Company (London, UK)
- Unit Being Calibrated
- United Broadcast Corporation
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters
- United Business Centres (UK)
- Universal Background Check (legislation)
- Universal Battery Charger
- Universal Bibliographic Control
- Universal Billing Code (medical)
- Universal Block Channel
- Universal Bluepoint Corporation (El Segundo, CA)
- Universal Buffer Controller
Samples in periodicals archive:
4) The group often called the "mainline Baptists" which numbered about 139,000 in the 1990s are the members of Canadian Baptist Ministries: the United Baptist Convention of the Atlantic Provinces (UBCAP), The Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec (BCOQ), the Union of French Baptist Churches (UFBC), and the Baptist Union of Western Canada (BUWC).
With the united Baptist convention, however, Japanese Baptists went into organic union with other Protestant denominations under state leadership, instead of maintaining the independent status as a single denomination.