Auto Business News-April 25, 2012--General Motors Company signs contract with United Auto Workers Local 1112(C)1994-2012 ENPublishing - http://www.
What does UAW stand for?
UAW stands for United Auto Workers (union)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UAW
We have 28 other meanings of UAW in our Acronym Attic
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator
- Universal Aerial Video Platform
- Universal Adaptive Vector Quantization
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle for Surveillance
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Umbilical Artery Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells
- Under Accumulator of Wealth
- Unerwünschte Arzneimittelwirkung (German: Adverse Reaction Terminology, aka: ART)
- Unique Article Wizard (Internet marketing)
- United Agricultural Workers (Union)
- Universe At War (game)
- University of Akron, Wayne Campus
- Union of Agricultural Work Committees (est. 1986)
- University of Akron Wayne College
- Upper Arkansas Water Conservancy District
- Utah Amateur Wrestling Foundation
- Um Antwort Wird Gebeten (German: Requesting An Answer)
- Universal ADSL Working Group
- Universal Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line Working Group (broadband consortium)
- Urban Area Working Group (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In negotiating labor contracts, industry executives wanted, above all, to keep the United Auto Workers (UAW) union happy and the assembly lines moving: With no Toyotas to worry about, there was little short-term downside to the industry's expensive concessions.
Delphi's bankruptcy decision and General Motors' tentative deal with the United Auto Workers to reduce health care costs appear to be opening shots in the Big Three's efforts to radically alter their cost structures.
Last week, Miller launched a regional ad campaign that quotes fictitious wording from a United Auto Workers labor contract saying members must choose Miller Lite over other brands.
PPC is expected to enter into discussions shortly with its principal customers and with the United Auto Workers and local union representatives to negotiate the schedule and effects of the shutdown.
Eventually, as more formal organizing efforts took over, the unemployed increasingly fell under the bureaucratic structures of the United Auto Workers which reduced their militance.