Moore noted the close links between the leadership of the Old Guard and the federal United Australia Party government of Joseph Lyons and the security agencies.
What does UAP stand for?
UAP stands for United Australia Party (political party)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UAP
We have 91 other meanings of UAP in our Acronym Attic
- Under Age Produtions (Youtube)
- Underserviced Area Program (Ontario Ministry of Health, Canada)
- Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (early USAF term for UFO)
- Unified Accelerated Procedure
- Unified Action Partners (US Army)
- Unified Astronomical Package
- United Agri Products
- United American Patriots, Inc.
- United Architects of the Philippines
- United Association of Plumbers
- Unités Autonomes de Production (French: Autonomous Production Units)
- Uniunea Artistilor Plastici (Romanian: Union of Artists)
- Universal Academy Press (Japan)
- Universal Access Program (various locations)
- Universal Ad Package (Interactive Advertising Bureau)
- Universal Adaptive Processor
- Universal Availibility of Publications (Library)
- Universidad Adventista Del Plata (Spanish: River Plate Adventist University; Libertador San Martín, Argentina)
- Universidad Alas Peruanas (Peruvian university)
- University Academic Program (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1931, the Nationalist Party was reformed, again with Labour defectors and changed its name to the United Australia Party, winning the December 1931 General Election by a landslide and so able to form a government in its own right.
And, after his death in 1939, Lyons' conservative United Australia Party had declined while seeing the return of much of the Catholic vote to Labor.
In 1941, at the age of 79, he was elected leader of the Opposition United Australia Party.