00 LB1576 Glover, a literacy consultant and former principal, and Berry, a teacher and literacy consultant and former literacy specialist and instructional leader, show elementary teachers how to think through, or project, how a unit of study in a writing workshop could unfold, and be more flexible and responsive in their teaching by creating their own units, rather than following a set of plans or units created by someone else.
What does UoS stand for?
UoS stands for Unit of Study (education)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UoS
We have 41 other meanings of UoS in our Acronym Attic
- University of Otago Research Grant (New Zealand)
- Uro-Oncology Research Group (Cambridge, England, UK)
- Underwater Obstruction Removal Program (Louisiana Office of Conservation)
- Upward-Only Rent Reviews (leasing policy; UK)
- Unusual Occurrence Reporting System
- Upper Ohio River Valley
- Upper Ohio River Valley Project
- Undelivered Order Schedule
- Understandability of Software
- Union of Students (UK)
- United Orthodox Synagogues (Houston, Texas)
- Units of Service
- Universal OPC Server
- Universal Operating System
- University Of Osnabrueck (Osnabrueck, Germany)
- University of Salford (England)
- University of Sargodha (Pakistan)
- University of Seoul
- University of Sharjah
- University of Sheffield (Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Then, have them write questions they would like answered related to their current unit of study.
NEW PERSPECTIVES ON THE CALIFORNIA MISSIONS: A UNIT OF STUDY FOR 4TH GRADE By Delores Hendricks, Elaine Jeche, Rosemarie McCabe, Nancy Ruiz, and Christina Williams (Los Angeles: National Center for History in the Schools, University of California, Los Angeles, 2006, 81 pp.
The state is creating an eighth-grade unit of study in all public school districts, which was created under the Hathaway Scholarship Law.
which relate directly to the ongoing unit of study in geography.
Students and teachers alike have a tendency to forget the things that are accomplished during a grading period or even in a unit of study.
The implementation of a learning design can be referred to as a unit of study (Koper, 2001), which may comprise a single activity, a module, a lesson, or an entire subject/course.