All oil companies operating in the UAE have since been using the litre as the standard unit of measurement for fuel, instead of the gallon.
What does UM stand for?
UM stands for Unit of Measurement
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UM
We have 16 other meanings of UM in our Acronym Attic
- Unexplained-Mysteries (website)
- Unified Messaging
- Unified Model
- Uniform Manifest (HAZMAT)
- Uniform Methodology (finance)
- Uninsured Motorist coverage (protects a motorist against damage from an accident with an uninsured motorist)
- Unión para a Mudanza (Spanish: Union for Change, Guinea-Bissau)
- Unit Manager
- Unit Movement
- Unit of Measure Code
- United Methodist
- Universal Modem
- Universidad de Montevideo (Spanish: University of Montevideo; Montevideo, Uruguay)
- Universidad de Morón (Spanish: University of Morón; Argentina)
- Universidade do Minho (Portugal)
- Université de Moncton (French; Nouveau-Brunswick, Québec)
- Université de Montréal
- Universiti Malaya (Malaya University, Malaysia)
- University of Maastricht (Netherlands)
- University of Maine (Orono, ME)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The total operating costs divided by the appropriate unit of measurement for a given weapon system.
Juran, on the other hand, believes that to evaluate actual performance there needs to be a unit of measurement, a sensor that can evaluate performance in terms of the unit of measurement.
Water, when it leaves a treatment plant, must have a turbidity below 1 NTU (a specially defined unit of measurement related to how much light is scattered by the particles in a sample of water).
His habit of using the tatami mat as a unit of measurement gives this building, like others he has designed, a human dimension.