v) A registered nurse who is designated to be in charge of a ward or unit during day, evening or night shifts, when the Nursing/Midwifery Unit Manager is not rostered for duty, shall be paid an allowance as set out in Item 8, of Table 2 of Part B per shift.
What does UM stand for?
UM stands for Unit Manager
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UM
We have 16 other meanings of UM in our Acronym Attic
- Underground Mine
- Underwater Mechanic
- Unexplained-Mysteries (website)
- Unified Messaging
- Unified Model
- Uniform Manifest (HAZMAT)
- Uniform Methodology (finance)
- Uninsured Motorist coverage (protects a motorist against damage from an accident with an uninsured motorist)
- Unión para a Mudanza (Spanish: Union for Change, Guinea-Bissau)
- Unit Movement
- Unit of Measure Code
- Unit of Measurement
- United Methodist
- Universal Modem
- Universidad de Montevideo (Spanish: University of Montevideo; Montevideo, Uruguay)
- Universidad de Morón (Spanish: University of Morón; Argentina)
- Universidade do Minho (Portugal)
- Université de Moncton (French; Nouveau-Brunswick, Québec)
- Université de Montréal
Samples in periodicals archive:
Deb Bloom has accepted a promotion to fraud detection manager from her previous position as unit manager.
David McGinnis, unit manager, San Diego Correctional Facility, San Diego, Tammy Reid, quality assurance manager, Leavenworth Detention Center, Leavenworth, Kan.
We start by developing theoretically-grounded arguments about specific antecedents of business unit manager influence.
A prisoner brought a [section] 1983 action against a prison's resident unit manager, alleging retaliation in violation of his First Amendment rights.
26 /PRNewswire/ -- Nobia has appointed Preben Bager as its new Business Unit Manager at Magnet in the UK.
promoted Jeff Robertson to splicing business unit manager and Bonnie Hawkins-Richter to national sales manager, splicing business unit.
MetLife Auto & Home began providing the information gleaned from data mining to field investigators fighting fraud in 2001, said John Sargent, the company's corporate special investigation unit manager, at the 2003 Insurance Fraud Management Conference in Baltimore.