AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS United Arab Emirates based carrier Etihad Airways on Tuesday announced, with its Unit Load Device (ULD) partner Jettainer, that it has begun a programme to replace 3,000 containers from the original ULS fleet with environmentally friendly lightweight versions.
What does ULD stand for?
ULD stands for Unit Load Device (shipping)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ULD
We have 40 other meanings of ULD in our Acronym Attic
- Utah League of Cities and Towns
- United Local Credit Union (Fresno, CA)
- Utah League of Credit Unions
- Ultra Large Container Vessel (shipping)
- Union Library Civil War Round Table (Hatboro, PA)
- Ulduar (World of Warcraft)
- Ultra Low Dispersion (photography)
- Unabhängiges Landeszentrum für Datenschutz Schleswig-Holstein (Germany, Independent Centre for Privacy Protection Schleswig-Holstein)
- Underwater Locator Device (aviation)
- Unit Load Demand
- Unit-Liter Dose
- United Liberal Democrats (South Korea)
- Universal Language Dictionary
- Universal Lead Definition
- Universitarios Liberal Demócratas (University Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain)
- University Leadership Development (Virginia Tech University)
- Unlawful Detainer
- Unlimited Distribution
- Unlimited Drifting (Forza 3 gaming team)
- Unlimited Long Distance (phone plan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
M2 BEST BOOKS-(C)2000-2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS United Arab Emirates based carrier Etihad Airways on Tuesday announced, with its Unit Load Device (ULD) partner Jettainer, that it has begun a programme to replace 3,000 containers from the original ULS fleet with environmentally friendly lightweight versions.
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has appointed Jettainer, the unit load device (ULD) management company, to supply, manage and maintain its ULD fleet at Etihad destinations across the world through to 2016.
Unit Load Devices are pallets and containers used to load baggage, freight, and mail on wide-body aircraft and specific narrow-body aircraft.
The system houses three ETV serving 754 Unit Load Device (ULD) storage positions, four transfer vehicles and 15 workstations serving the productive area of the terminal.
This means that cargo is carried in unit load devices (ULDs) and shuttled in uninterrupted fashion between the Nordic origins and cont inental destinations.