It is expected to remove most of the categories of exempted income like Unit Linked Insurance Plans (ULIPs), Equity Mutual Funds (ELSS), Term deposits, NSC (National Savings certificates), Long term infrastructures bonds, house loan principal repayment, stamp duty and registration fees on purchase of house property will loose tax benefits.
What does ULIP stand for?
ULIP stands for Unit Linked Insurance Plan
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ULIP
We have 2 other meanings of ULIP in our Acronym Attic
- University Logon ID
- Upper-Layer Identifier
- Utility Local Improvement District
- Ukrainian League of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs
- Universal Language Independent Framework
- Universitatea Libera Internationala A Moldovei (Free International University of Moldova)
- University of Limerick (Ireland, UK)
- Ultra-Light Inertial Profiler
- UNC33-Like Phosphoprotein
- Unit Latihan Industri Pelajar (Mayanmar)
- Unit Linked Insurance Policy (life insurance)
- Unit Linked Investment Plan
- University of London Institute in Paris
- User-Level IP
- Ultra Luminous Infrared Galaxy
- Ultimate Integration of Silicon (International Conference)
- Uniform Law on the International Sale of Goods (1964; UN)
- Unit Linked Insurance Scheme (India)
- Unités Localisées pour l'Inclusion Scolaire (French: Localized Unions for School Inclusion)
- University of Languages and International Studies (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It was at that time India's Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) mandated a change in the lock-in period for unit linked insurance plans (Ulip) from three years to five.
Life Insurance Corporation (International), a subsidiary of LIC of India, has launched Gold Plus, a unit linked insurance plan.
MANAMA: Life Insurance Corporation (International) yesterday celebrated 20 years of operating out of Bahrain with the launch of a unit linked insurance plan called Fortune Builder.
Fortune Builder is the first unit linked insurance plan (ULIP) launched by LIC (International).
Earlier taking the SEBI head-on, IRDA had asked insurance firms to continue selling Unit Linked Insurance Plans (ULIPs), a day after the capital market watchdog barred 14 insurers from selling these products without its approval.
ltd has launched the "Max New York Life Unit Builder" T, a flexible Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP) which offers secure returns even during market volatility.