The SEAL Team goes thru a 24-month workup cycle and is then broken into 4 phases: Professional Development (PRODEV), Unit Level Training (ULT), Squadron Integrated Training (SIT) and deployment.
What does ULT stand for?
ULT stands for Unit Level Training (US Navy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ULT
We have 20 other meanings of ULT in our Acronym Attic
- Ultra-Large-Scale Software-Intensive Systems
- University of Liberia Student Union (West Africa)
- Upper Labrador Sea Water (Atlantic Ocean)
- Ultimate (Loads)
- Ultimo (Latin: last month)
- Ultra Tracker (file format)
- Ultra-Large Telescope
- Ultra-Low Temperature
- Underwater Location Transmitter
- Unit Level Traceability (Intel)
- Universal Lighting Technologies (Nashville, TN)
- Université Libre de Tunis (French: University of Tunis; Tunisia; est. 1973)
- University Learning and Teaching (various locations)
- Unlimited Tax
- Upper Limit of Normal
- Utility Litigation Team (USAF)
- Union Labor Temple Association
- Union Leaders Training Award
- Utah Land Title Association
- Under-Load Tap Changers
Samples in periodicals archive:
Immediately following the work-up phase, Unit Level Training Readiness Assessment (ULTRA) began.
This is the first time that the Iwo Jima Strike Group has sailed together, so we look at this as Group Sail 'Zero' and will concentrate on three objectives on a not to interfere basis with TWOS objectives: (1) Ring out communications issues between units and begin to build cohesion between the ships that will make up the Iwo Jima Strike Group; (2) Maximize the amount of Marine aircraft flight deck qualification possible; and (3) Continue individual unit level training progress.
Unit level training will also focus more on coordinated responses to CBRNE hazards at home and overseas.
The CSG commanders will be accountable to the numbered fleet commanders for integrated and sustainment training, and to the type commanders for materiel readiness and unit level training.
The ship had been underway for some time wrapping up the vaunted UNIT LEVEL TRAINING (ULT) cycle, and most Sailors aboard had little time to shop for their families for the upcoming holidays.
The battalion conducted several switch exercises and small unit level training events to prepare themselves for their role in supporting the V Corps units.