The chip on the card will hold a unique personal identification number that anyone in the vicinity (at least 10 metres) can read with commercially available equipment and link to any other information the person may have about the card holder.
What does UPIN stand for?
UPIN stands for Unique Personal Identification Number
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPIN
We have 10 other meanings of UPIN in our Acronym Attic
- Urban Policy Implementation Group (UK)
- Union Printcraft International Golf Association
- Uniform Procurement Instrument Identification Numbering System
- Unidad Profesional Interdisciplinaria En Ingeniería Y Tecnologías Avanzadas (Mexico)
- Unique Partner Identification Key (German Chemical Industry Association)
- Universal Power Interface Kit
- Unico Prezzo Italiano Milano
- Unified Patient Information Management (NaviNet)
- Universal Physical Interface Module (ethernet)
- Unique Patient Identification Number (health identifier)
- Unique Physician Identifier Number
- Unique Provider Identification Number
- Universal Physician Identification Number (healthcare)
- Universal Provider Identifier Number (Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services)
- Utah Program Improvement Planning System (special education; Utah State Office of Education)
- Uniform Photographic Interpretation Report
- University Park Institutional Review Board (University of Southern California)
- Uttar Pradesh Irrigation Research Institute (India)
- Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Unanticipated Problems Involving Risks to Subjects or Others (bioethics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Requiring an individual to use or transmit more than four sequential digits of the SSN to access a Website, computer system or network unless the connection is secure and the transmission encrypted or protected by a password, unique personal identification number or authentication device.