Unique Patient Identifiers Uniquely identifying a patient or client is fundamental to the provision and operation of healthcare services.
What does UPI stand for?
UPI stands for Unique Patient Identifiers (HIPAA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPI
We have 71 other meanings of UPI in our Acronym Attic
- Upper Production Header Valve (subsea oil & gas)
- Ulkopoliittinen Instituutti (Finnish Institute of International Affairs, Helsinki, Finland)
- Ultra Path Interconnect (Intel processors)
- Unidentified Party Injury
- Unified Payments Interface (software; National Payments Corporation of India)
- Union des Professions Immobilières de Belgique (French: Union of Real Estate Professionals in Belgium)
- Unión Profesional Informática
- Unione Delle Province d'Italia (Union of the Province of Italy; benevolent group)
- Unione Popolare Italiana (Italian: Italian Popular Union)
- United Press International
- Universal Pensions Incorporated
- Universal Personal Identification
- Universal Pictures International (film)
- Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesia University of Education)
- University Physicians Inc.
- Unocal Philippines, Inc (formerly Philippine Geothermal, Inc)
- Unpaid Item (eBay)
- Upper Plenum Injection
- Useless Piece of Information
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study concluded that one of the primary benefits created by broad adoption of unique patient identifiers would be to eliminate record errors and reduce repetitive and unnecessary care.
Furthermore, the use of unique patient identifiers makes longitudinal studies possible, even when patients are seen at more than one hospital.