Creating a unique patient identification number for every person in the United States would help reduce medical errors, simplify the use of electronic medical records, increase overall efficiency, and protect patient privacy, according to a recent RAND Corp.
What does UPIN stand for?
UPIN stands for Unique Patient Identification Number (health identifier)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPIN
We have 10 other meanings of UPIN in our Acronym Attic
- Utah Partners in Flight (avian conservation)
- Urban Policy Implementation Group (UK)
- Union Printcraft International Golf Association
- Uniform Procurement Instrument Identification Numbering System
- Unidad Profesional Interdisciplinaria En Ingeniería Y Tecnologías Avanzadas (Mexico)
- Unique Partner Identification Key (German Chemical Industry Association)
- Universal Power Interface Kit
- Unico Prezzo Italiano Milano
- Unified Patient Information Management (NaviNet)
- Universal Physical Interface Module (ethernet)
- Unique Personal Identification Number
- Unique Physician Identifier Number
- Unique Provider Identification Number
- Universal Physician Identification Number (healthcare)
- Universal Provider Identifier Number (Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services)
- Utah Program Improvement Planning System (special education; Utah State Office of Education)
- Uniform Photographic Interpretation Report
- University Park Institutional Review Board (University of Southern California)
- Uttar Pradesh Irrigation Research Institute (India)
- Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
pdf) created new standards for electronic transactions, data security, unique patient identification numbers and the privacy of individually identifiable health information.