My travels with the Naval Safety Center survey team has shown that 90 percent of the commands we look at are not using the Unique Identifier System as required.
What does UNID stand for?
UNID stands for Unique Identifier
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 1 other meaning of UNID in our Acronym Attic
- Unicos Realtime NADIR (Network Anomaly Detector and Intrusion Report)
- Universal Compiler FORTRAN Compatible
- Unix Operating System for Cray Supercomputer
- United Nations Informal Consultative Process on Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea
- United Nations International Critical Response and Tactical Team (Clive Cussler's book 'Sahara')
- United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute
- Uniplexed Information and Computing Service (operating system; aka Unix)
- Uniplexed Information and Computing System (play on MULTICS, later shortened to UNIX)
- United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force
- International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
- United Nations International Development Organisation
- Uniform Data Request Interface (Eumetnet)
- University Data Interactive Computing and Communications Systems (University Corporation for Atmospheric Research)
- United Nations International Drug Control Program
- Unione Nazionale Industrie Depuratori Elettrostatici (Italian: National Union of Electrostatic Air Purifier Industries)
- Universities for Democracy (EC)
- United Nations Industrial Development Fund
- United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research
- United Nationalist Democratic Organization (Philippines)
- United Nations Industrial Development Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
They didn't find anything malicious, but a surprising number of the programs used unique identifiers such as the phone's IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number — sometimes without obtaining permission to do so from the user.
This information would be linked to individual students through a unique identifier.
The library also uses file compression technology to yield unique identifiers and "rigorous audit trails" that record what happens to the files over the decades.
Each access point in a wireless network is programmed with a unique identifier known as a Service Set Identifier (SSID).
National Provider Identifier: Standards are being developed by HHS for health care providers to obtain a unique identifier when filing electronic claims with public and private insurance programs.
Built-in windows made of the material would endow items with unique identifiers that are almost impossible to tamper with or copy, says co-inventor Ravikanth S.