It also played into the hands of the right-wing opposition party, the Union pour un Mouvement Populaire (UMP).
What does UMP stand for?
UMP stands for Union pour un Mouvement Populaire (French: Union for A Popular Movement, political party)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UMP
We have 108 other meanings of UMP in our Acronym Attic
- Unbalanced Magnetic Pull (machinery)
- Uncertainty Management Plan
- Unified Membership Program (state Libertarian parties)
- Uniformly Mixing Pollutants (environmental economics)
- Uniformly Most Powerful
- Uninsured Motorist Protection (Dollar Rent A Car)
- Union Motocycliste Pyrénéenne (French: Pyrenean Motorcycling Union)
- Union of Moderate Parties (Vanuatu)
- Union pour la Majorité Présidentielle (French: Union for Presidential Majority, Djibouti)
- Union pour un Mouvement Populaire (French: Union for a Popular Movement)
- Unique Marketing Perception
- Unit Maintenance Profile
- United Music Publishers Ltd.
- Universal Machine Pistol (Heckler & Koch)
- Universal Machinenpistole
- Upper Mantle Project (seismology)
- Upper Merion and Plymouth Railroad Company
- Upward Mobility Program
- Urban Management Program (various organizations)
- Urgences Médicales de Paris (French emergency doctors' association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pinet, a student at Sciences Po Paris, is reportedly a supporter of Sarkozy's ruling center-right Union Pour un Mouvement Populaire (UMP) Party.
The ruling Union Pour un Mouvement Populaire chief and its leader in Parliament, Patrick Devedjian and Jean-Francois Cope, will also be present, along with former Premier Jean-Pierre Raffarin.