On Friday, the Moscow offices of Kasparov's political organisation were searched by police, who seized campaign materials, and the headquarters of the opposition Union of Right Forces party was hit by vandals, the groups said.
What does URF stand for?
URF stands for Union of Right Forces (Russian political party)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of URF
We have 36 other meanings of URF in our Acronym Attic
- Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines
- unassigned reading frame
- Under-Relaxation Factor
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship (various universities)
- underground research facility
- Underwater Rescue Vehicle (Swedish Navy)
- Unidentified Reading Frame
- Unidentified Remittance File
- Uniform Regulatory Framework (California)
- uniform reporting format
- Union Routière de France (French: French Road Federation; est. 1935)
- Unique Registration Facility (FP7; European Union)
- Unit Recurring Fly-away cost
- Unit Rent Factor
- Unit Request Form (US DoD)
- Unit Requirement Form
- Unit Response Function
- Unit Risk Factor
- United Rebel Force (gaming clan)
- United Revolutionary Front (Sierra Leone)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While Nikita Belykh, leader of the liberal Union of Right Forces party, said: "The policy course that he set is being dismantled today.
Together with Unity and the Union of Right Forces of ex-deputy PM Boris Nemtsov and others, the centrists won the majority.
Nikita Belykh, the leader of the liberal Union of Right Forces, said: Vladimir Putin has marked out his possible successors for the future presidential elections".
Writing beneath the title "The Crisis of Liberalism in Russia", Khodorkovsky said Russia's two liberal parties, Yabloko and the Union of Right Forces, were themselves to blame for their devastating defeat in the December 2003 parliamentary election, where they failed to cross the 5% threshold of votes to ensure a bloc of seats.