But there was only going to be one winner once the hugely-influential Nottinghamshire miners broke away to form the core of the rival Union of Democratic Mineworkers.
What does UDM stand for?
UDM stands for Union of Democratic Mineworkers (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UDM
We have 48 other meanings of UDM in our Acronym Attic
- Unidirectional Link Routing (IETF)
- Universal Declaration of Linguistic Rights (est. 1996)
- Up Down Left Right (keyboard keys)
- Universal Digital Loop Transceiver
- úcelové digitálne mapy
- Ultimate Dance Music Ltd. (UK)
- Unified Dimensional Model (data model)
- Unified Dispersion Model
- Uniform Data Model
- Uniform Distance Matrix
- Unit Deployment Manager
- United Democratic Movement (South Africa)
- United Digital Memory
- Universal Data Model
- Universal Database for Music Ltd. (UK)
- Universal Diagnostic Monitor
- Université De Montréal
- Universiti Darul Iman Malaysia (Malaysian university)
- University of Detroit Mercy (Michigan)
- Unpressurized Docking Mast
Samples in periodicals archive:
So I'm pleased with the four-year jail sentence handed down to Neil Greatrex, former leader of the Union of Democratic Mineworkers, for the theft of almost pounds 150,000 from an elderly pitmen's care fund.
Neil Greatrex, 61, a former Union of Democratic Mineworkers president, was locked up for four years.
South Yorkshire Police are already investigating the role of the Union of Democratic Mineworkers (UDM) in the pounds 7.
It wants to know how officials and employees of the tiny Union of Democratic Mineworkers, Mrs Thatcher's pet union, benefited from the scheme.
The ballot follows the National Union of Mineworkers' rejection of a three-year pay deal linked to inflation and already accepted by the anti-strike Union of Democratic Mineworkers.
President of the Union of Democratic Mineworkers, Neil Greatrex, said the planned changes would have to be discussed and agreed - or "they will not happen".
As branch secretary of the Union of Democratic Mineworkers, Mr Meuse is now helping to negotiate redundancy terms for his 400 members.