True, during the war and immediately after, Zionists and anti-Zionists in the Reform rabbinate and laity continued to battle furiously over such issues as support for a Jewish army in Palestine, the establishment of the (anti-Zionist) American Council for Judaism, and the participation of the movement's lay organization, the Union of American Hebrew Congregations (UAHC), in the American Jewish Conference, a wartime umbrella organization for Zionist leadership.
What does UAHC stand for?
UAHC stands for Union of American Hebrew Congregations
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UAHC
We have 1 other meaning of UAHC in our Acronym Attic
- Universidad Alberto Hurtado (Spanish: Alberto Hurtado University; Chile)
- Universidad de Alcalá de Henares (Spain)
- University of Alabama in Huntsville
- University of Alberta Hospital
- Up Armored HMMWV
- Urban Aboriginal Homelessness (Canada)
- Ursus Arctos Horribilis (Grizzly bear)
- University Area Housing Association (Lexington, KY)
- University of Arizona Hispanic Alumni
- Utah Amateur Hockey Association
- United American Healthcare Corporation (est. 1985)
- Universal Access in Human Computer Interaction
- University of Alabama Hospital
- Utah Artificial Heart Program (LDS Hospital; Salt Lake City, UT)
- Ulster Architectural Heritage Society (UK)
- Underground Automated Highway System (transportation concept)
- United Aboriginal Housing Society (Canada)
- Upper Arlington High School (Ohio)
- Urrbrae Agricultural High School (Australia)
- University of Alabama Health Services Foundation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Elenora Giddings Ivory, director, Washington office, Presbyterian Church USA Rabbi David Saperstein, director, Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism Rabbi Eric Yoffie, president, Union of American Hebrew Congregations The Very Rev.
A Jewish Response to Cults (New York: Union of American Hebrew Congregations Press, 1997), p.
The super-luxury condominium will be constructed on the southeast corner of Fifth Avenue and 65th Street, which is the former site of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations.
Joining AU in the brief were the American Jewish Congress, Anti-Defamation League and the Union of American Hebrew Congregations.
The Union of American Hebrew Congregations has advised its synagogues and Jewish schools to tighten security.