And while cleanup efforts continue, the most important thing is that community members sustained only property damage, with no injury or loss of life, said Union of Ontario Indians Grand Council Chief Patrick Madahbee.
What does UOI stand for?
UOI stands for Union Of Ontario Indians
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UOI
We have 8 other meanings of UOI in our Acronym Attic
- University of Hyderabad (India)
- Under Other Than Honorable Conditions
- University of Health Care (Los Angeles, CA)
- Ultima Online House Editor (gaming)
- University of Ottawa Heart Institute
- Urrutiko Oinarrizko Hezkuntzako Ikastetxea (Basque: Distance Basic Education School)
- Union Overseas Holdings Limited (Hong Kong)
- University Occupational Health Service (UK)
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- University of Oregon Health Science Center
- Unit of Inquiry (education)
- Unit Of Issue
- Université de l'Océan Indien (French: University of the Indian Ocean; educational program; various locations)
- University of Illinois
- University of Ioannina (Ioannina, Greece)
- University of Iowa
- Unless Otherwise Instructed
- Urban Outfitters, Inc.
- Utilities Operating Instruction
- Union des Organisations Islamiques de France (Union of Islamic Organizations in France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One will be located in Garden Village and the other will be just off Highway 17, in Yellick, about halfway between North Bay and Sturgeon Falls and near the offices of the Union of Ontario Indians.
The Union of Ontario Indians has since formed a bi-lateral table with the province to address mines and the Northern Growth Plan.
A Great Lakes port on the North Channel of Lake Huron continues to be a flashpoint for controversy between a Sudbury aggregate materials company and a Manitoulin Island-area First Nation community [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Whitefish River First Nation and the Union of Ontario Indians contend Alexander Centre Industries Ltd.
The implementation of the Anishinabek Trapping Harmonization Agreement includes the promotion of the cultural and traditional harvesting activities of the Anishinabek people and the harmonization of the Union of Ontario Indians (UOI) and the MNR systems of wild furbearer management.
Wilmer Nadjiwon, 81, was recently honored with a lifetime achievement award by the Union of Ontario Indians (UOI), an organization he helped found in 1969 and of which he was the first chief.
The UBCIC will work with like-minded organizations here in BC, and will reach out to First Nation organizations such as the Union of Ontario Indians and the Assembly of First Nations.