Nortel Networks has been a key player in the GSM-R standards process since 1992, working with Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer and European Telecommunications Standards Institute.
What does UIC stand for?
UIC stands for Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer (International Union of Railways)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UIC
We have 137 other meanings of UIC in our Acronym Attic
- Umpire in Chief (baseball)
- Underground Injection Control
- Unemployment Insurance Commission (Canada, archaic)
- Unemployment Insurance Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance of Canada
- Unified Incident Command (various organizations)
- Unified INFOSEC (Information Security) Criteria
- Unified Iraqi Coalition
- Union des Industries Chimiques (French: Union of Chemical Industries; France)
- Union Insurance Company (various locations)
- Union of Islamic Courts
- Unione Italiana Ciechi (Italian: Italian Blind Union)
- Unique Identifier Code (Nortel)
- Unit Identification Code
- United Industrial Corporation
- United International College (various locations)
- Unity in the Community (various locations)
- Universal ICAP Code
- Universal Instruments Corporation
- Universally Interoperable Core
Samples in periodicals archive:
This marks the first commercial-scale application of DYNICOM under the Union Internationale des Chemins de fer (UIC) rail standard, which was selected as the standard for international rail applications for Greater Europe by the UIC in July 1993.
Nortel has been a pioneer in the GSM-R standards process since 1992, and works with Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer (UIC) and ETSI European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) on standards improvements.