closing the gap Sponsors: Eugene-Springfield chapter of NAACP, in collaboration with Eugene, Springfield and Bethel school districts Speakers: Jean Moule, associate professor of education at Oregon State University and president of the Oregon chapter of the National Association of Multicultural Education, will speak about deepening understanding of unconscious bias and unintentional racism.
What does UR stand for?
UR stands for Unintentional Racism
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of UR
We have 13 other meanings of UR in our Acronym Attic
- Unbridled Racing (Unbridled Racing Stable)
- Uncertain Reasoning
- Unconditioned Response (psychology)
- Underground Racing (Charlotte, NC)
- Underground Resistance (Detroit electro collective)
- Unemplyment Rate (labor statistic)
- Unfinanced Requirement(s)
- Unforgotten Realms (online animated comedy show)
- Unidirectional Ring
- Unified Requirement
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, separate research highlighted the role of teacher expectations, the report said unintentional racism stems from "longstanding social conditioning involving negative images (particularly of black men) which stereotype them as threatening".
Overcoming unintentional racism in counseling and therapy: A practitioner's guide to intentional intervention.