Mechanical design automation jumped a huge step in functionality and interoperability when EDS (Plano, TX) began shipping Unigraphics NX (Next), the latest version of EDS' showcase system for CAD/CAE/CAM and a slew of other design engineering acronyms.
What does UG stand for?
UG stands for Unigraphics (Finite Element Analysis Software by Unigraphics Solutions).
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of UG
We have 9 other meanings of UG in our Acronym Attic
- Uncle Grandpa
- Undefined Gaming
- Underpass Gang (Unofficial New Orleans Saints Fan Club)
- Unemotional Growth
- Unfilled Grain
- Uniglide (Shimano Chain and Cogs)
- Union Gramme (French; Belgian engineering group)
- United Group (aka UGOC: United Group of Companies)
- United States to Mediterranean (routing designation; US Navy)
- United-Guardian Inc (pharmaceutical manufacturer)
- Universal Gateway (computer protocol)
- Universal Grammar
- Universal Gravitational constant
- Universiteit Gent (Dutch: Ghent University; Ghent, Belgium)
- University of Georgia
- University of Ghana
Samples in periodicals archive:
It has been a business partner of CAD provider Unigraphics Solutions Inc.