Ever since the introduction of fixed-format appraisal report standards by Fannie Mae more than 25 years ago (the so-called Green Hornet form), appraisers have migrated to a single appraisal report format--the Uniform Residential Appraisal Report (URAR) for most assignments.
What does URAR stand for?
URAR stands for Uniform Residential Appraisal Report (FMNA 1004)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of URAR in our Acronym Attic
- Unidirectional Retrograde Accessory Pathway
- Unified Radio and Plasma Wave Experiment
- Universal Replacement Auto-Pilot
- Universities Rebuilding America Partnership (US HUD)
- University Ranking by Academic Performance (est. 2009; Middle East Technical University; Turkey)
- Union Régionale des Associations de Parents et Amis de Personnes Handicapées Mentales
- You Are A Private Investigator (website)
- You Are A Cutie
- You Are A Cutie Too
- You Are A Cutie, I Envy You
- University Student Academic Research Award
- Utah Rock Art Research Association
- Uniform Relocation Assistance Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970
- Unified Rice Applied Research, Training, and Information Program
- Unilateral Renal Artery Stenosis (medical disorder)
- unruptured aneurysm of the sinus Valsalva
- You Are Authorized
- Unmanned Reconnaissance Aerial Vehicle
- Unfair Random Brutality (gaming)
- Union of Russia and Belarus
Samples in periodicals archive:
A standardized residential REO appraisal requires a Supplemental Real Estate Owned Appraisal Addendum along with the property-specific form, such as Fannie Mac Form 1004, Uniform Residential Appraisal Report (URAR); Form 1075, Individual Condominium Unit Appraisal Report; Form 1075, Exterior-Only Inspection Individual Condominium Unit Appraisal Report; and Form 1025, Small Residential Income Property Appraisal Report.
The affected forms include all the common appraisal reports every lender likely receives each day: * Uniform Residential Appraisal Report (Fannie Mae Form 1004, Freddie Mac Form 70); * Individual Condominium Unit Appraisal Report (Fannie Mae Form 1073, Freddie Mac Form 465); * Exterior-Only Inspection Individual Condominium Unit Appraisal Report (Fannie Mae Form 1075, Freddie Mac Form 466); and * Exterior-Only Inspection Residential Appraisal Report (Fannie Mae Form 2055 and Freddie Mac Form 2055) In its Oct.
The Uniform Residential Appraisal Report form includes the certification, "I performed a complete visual inspection of the interior and exterior areas of the subject property" Fannie Mae's Selling Guide adds: "We expect that appraisals based on an interior and exterior inspection will include a complete visual inspection of the accessible areas of the property.
AI Reports[TM]--The Next Step For the past 20 years, residential appraisers have grown accustomed to using Fannie Mae's Uniform Residential Appraisal Report for a wide array of residential appraisal assignments outside of mortgage lending work.