[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The new LLC law was one of three separate, uniform acts that were adopted in 2011, the other two being the Utah Uniform Partnership Act and the Utah Uniform Limited Partnership Act.
What does UPA stand for?
UPA stands for Uniform Partnership Act (Law)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UPA
We have 141 other meanings of UPA in our Acronym Attic
- Ukrainian Planetariums Association
- Ukrainskaya Povstancheskaya Armiya (pro-Nazi WWII organization in Ukraine; Ukraine Rebel Army)
- Ultimate Players Association
- Ultra Port Architecture (High Bandwidth for Display)
- Ultraperforming Algorithm
- Un Paso Adelante (Spanish TV drama)
- Unauthorized Precedence Announcement
- Under-Performing Assets (various companies)
- Undergraduate Policy Analysis (UC, Berkeley)
- Unified Program Account
- Unión de Pequeños Agricultores (Spanish: United Small Farmers)
- Union des Producteurs Agricoles (Canada; Union)
- Union Postale Arabe (Arab Postal Union)
- Union Professionnelle Artisanale (French: Professional Artisan Union)
- Unique Particle Attribution
- Unit Pay Administrator
- Unit Pentadbiran Am (Malaysian government agency)
- United Palestinian Appeal (Washington, DC)
- United Pilots' Alliance (gaming)
- United Powerlifting Association (est. 2007; Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Surprisingly, no provision in the Uniform Partnership Act (1997) imposes liability on partners of a LLP who assent to, vote for, or receive a distribution that renders the partnership insolvent.
Since its inception, the ULC has been responsible for more than 200 acts, among them such bulwarks of state statutory law as the Uniform Commercial Code, the Uniform Probate Code, the Uniform Partnership Act, and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act.
An LLP is a business entity organized under state law, usually a uniform partnership act.
Content includes text of the state's Business Corporation Act, Revised Uniform Partnership Act, Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act, Limited Liability Act and the Not For Profit Corporation Act.
Since its creation in 1892, the NCCUSL has written more than 200 uniform laws, including the Uniform Partnership Act, Uniform Trade Secrets Act, Uniform Probate Code and Uniform Limited Partnerships Act.
Since its inception in 1892, the commission has developed more than 200 laws, including such bulwarks of state law as the Uniform Commercial Code, the Uniform Probate Code and the Uniform Partnership Act.