For example, an early project looked at an electronic means of detecting when an unshreddable object has been fed into their Dragon Shredder, which is used to reduce a variety of waste residues to a small and uniform particle size.
What does UPS stand for?
UPS stands for Uniform Particle Size
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UPS
We have 209 other meanings of UPS in our Acronym Attic
- Ultimate Protection Squad (FIRST Robotics Competition Team 1675)
- Ultraviolet Particle Sizer
- Ultraviolet Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- Ultraviolet Photoemisson Spectroscopy
- Unclaimed Property System (Wagers software used by many states to process unclaimed property)
- Under Provisions of Section
- Undergraduate Professional Study (program)
- Underground Press Syndicate
- Underwater Photographic Society
- Unfolded Protein Response
- Uniform Procurement System
- Uniform Publications System
- Uninterrupted Power Source
- Uninterrupted Power Subsystem
- Uninterruptible Power Supply
- Uninterruptible Power System
- Union des Professeurs de Speciales (French: Union of Special Teachers; France)
- Union pour Saint-Dié (French political association)
- Unique Points of Sale
- Unit Personnel Section
Samples in periodicals archive:
These benefits include lower noise, more uniform particle size, design flexibility and higher capacity.
However, the more grinding that takes place, the more fine particles are produced and, depending on the requirements of the process, it is usually necessary to separate these out to ensure a uniform particle size.
The Model 141 hammer mill reduces friable and fibrous materials into uniform particle sizes ranging from 20 to 300 mesh.
The Division's goal has been to put the yard waste and food scraps through a composting process that starts with achieving a uniform particle size thanks to the Vecoplan Hurricane 250 and VNZ 210 shredders.
Special attention should be paid to the cutting angle of the knives and the screen used to ensure uniform particle size similar to that of virgin pellets.
Other drying technologies require further sample processing like grinding and filtering, which produce irregular particle sizes, but laboratory spray drying produces more uniform particle sizes and better consistency.