According to the unified soil classification system the soil has been classified as CL (Medium plasticity clay).
What does USC stand for?
USC stands for Unified Soil Classification
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of USC
We have 223 other meanings of USC in our Acronym Attic
- Ultra Software Corporation
- Ultra Sonic Cleaning
- Ultra Super Critical (Technologies)
- Ultrasound Solutions Corp. (medical equipment sales and service)
- Under Secretary of Commerce
- Under Separate Cover
- Undergraduate Studies Committee (various schools)
- Underground Service Cable (power distribution)
- Underwater Services Contract (Shell)
- Unequally Shared Channel (channel reservation scheme)
- Unified Speech Codec
- Uniformly Stable Conformal
- Unió Socialista de Catalunya (Catalan: Socialist Union of Catalonia; Spain)
- Unión Social Cristiana (Spanish: Social Christian Union, El Salvador)
- Union Sportive Carcassonnaise (French rugby club)
- Unione Sanguis Christi (Sanguis Christi Union)
- Unit Shipping Container
- United Services Club (UK)
- United Somali Congress (political party)
- United States Cavers (forum)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The soil used to fill the bags was classified as SC-CL according to the Unified Soil Classification System (USCS), that is, a borderline case between sandy clay and low plasticity clay.
Soils were visually classified and logged using the ASTM Unified Soil Classification System, ASTM D 2488 (2001), which is an engineering classification.