The people who received caffeine supplements experienced an improvement in their motor symptoms (a five-point improvement on the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale, a rating scale used to measure the severity of the disease) over those who received the placebo.
What does UPDRS stand for?
UPDRS stands for Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of UPDRS in our Acronym Attic
- University of Peradeniya
- Upper Peninsula Diabetes Outreach Network
- Unified Professional Development Project (Hong Kong)
- Uniform Power Delay Profile (electrical engineering)
- Union of Democratic Patriots and Progressives (Nigeria)
- Union of Patriots, Democrats, and Progressives (political party; Niger)
- Universal Packet Driver Protocol (computing)
- University of the Philippines, Diliman Police
- Unfair Prescription Drug Practices Act (Maine)
- User Performance Data Request (NASA)
- Union Pacific Distribution Services
- United People's Democratic Solidarity (Indian militant group)
- University Professional Development Scheme (British Computer Society; UK)
- Unplanned Downtime
- User Program Development Tool (software writing and performance tool)
- Update System Security Level
- Universal Prospect Data Warehouse (Marketing Information & Technology Inc.)
- Upper Polar Deep Water
- Ultrasonic Pulse-Echo (for evaluating concrete)
Samples in periodicals archive:
INTRODUCTION The Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS) is the most widely applied rating instrument for Parkinson disease (PD) [1-2].
The primary endpoint is the reduction in the percentage of off state when the subjects awake while the secondary endpoint is the improvement of the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS) subscore III.
We observed an average improvement of 48% at 12 months after implantation in the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale motor subscore with the patient in the off state, which was sustained through 24 months," the researchers wrote.
b) UPDRS, Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale.