1882: The Royal Astronomer witnessed an unidentified flying object from the Greenwich Royal Observatory.
What does UFO stand for?
UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UFO
We have 133 other meanings of UFO in our Acronym Attic
- Unavoidable Family Outing (Dave Hackett book)
- Unbelievably Fun Object (Megatech RC toy)
- Undefined Fantastic Object (video game)
- Underwater Flying Object (from the movie 'The Abyss')
- Unfertilized Oocyte
- Unfinished Object
- Unfolding and Partial Order Techniques (workshop)
- Unidentified Floating Object
- Unidentified Floral Organs (Arabidopsis thaliana F-box protein)
- Unidentified Flowing Orifice (House; TV show)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1882: The Royal Astronomer witnessed an Unidentified Flying Object from the Greenwich Royal Observatory.
Units of the Indian Army and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) reportedly sighted over 100 Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) on the skyline of Jammu and Kashmir between August 1 and October 15 this year.
Report of an unidentified flying object flying in the sky over a windmill.
The captain of a Ryanair flight from Oslo in Norway to London reported an unidentified flying object to aviation authorities after passengers alerted crews.
SHOCKING IMAGES RELEASED WHILE RYANAIR REFUSES TO COMMENT ON 'TEST FLIGHT' SPECULATION Ryanair, Europe's airline, yesterday 22nd Dec confirmed that the Captain of flight FR1397 from Olso Rygge to London Gatwick reported an Unidentified Flying Object to Aviation Authorities after passengers released shocking images taken onboard the aircraft some 200km south of Oslo.
1882: The Royal Astronomer witnessed an unidentified flying object from Greenwich Royal Observatory.