The 1970s saw the birth of several guerrilla organizations which united to form the Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (URNG).
What does URNG stand for?
URNG stands for Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (Spanish: National Guatemalan Revolutionary Unit)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of URNG
We have 1 other meaning of URNG in our Acronym Attic
- Unit Reference Number
- Universal Resource Name
- Université de Rouyn-Noranda (French; Québec, Canada)
- University Radio Nottingham (UK)
- Unternehmensgesellschaft Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Neckar GmbH (German)
- User Requirements Notation
- United Rentals North America, Inc.
- Utvar Rychleho Nasazeni (Czech republic police squad)
- universally recognized as nondiabetic
- University of Richmond National Debate Institute (Richmond, VA)
- Uniform Random Number Generator (computing)
- Upper Republican Natural Resources District (Nebraska)
- University Royal Naval Unit
- Rouen, France - Rouen /Boos Airport (Airport Code)
- Ulises Ruiz Ortiz (Mexican governor)
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity
- Unit Requirements Officer
- Unrestricted Operations
- User Read Out
- Utilization Review Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1982, the Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (Guatemalan Revolutionary National Unity; URNG), an alliance of all the groups, embraced the concept of both class and ethnic struggle to confront militarized oligarchic power.
MAIZ includes the Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (URNG), which has a substantial organizational base.
Said Gregorio Chay of the Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (URNG), "These consultations reveal what people really want, which politicians ought to take into account when they make decisions about mining projects.
The Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (URNG), the party that had been the revolutionary guerrilla force prior to the signing of the Peace Accords in 1996, was nearly alone in voting against the CAFTA petition.
Opposition Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (URNG) Deputy Alba Estela Maldonado noted that the long-planned dry canal between the Caribbean and Pacific coasts (see NotiCen, 2002-07-11) passes through the property to its terminal at the port of Champerico, and she has said this is why the government violated a June pact with the squatters, when authorities assured them there would be no eviction action for a 90-day period.
3% was Alvaro Colom of the left-of-center Alianza Nueva Nacion (ANN), which includes the former guerrilla organization Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (URNG).
Early this year, four left-of-center parties formed the ANN, comprising the Unidad de Izquierda, Desarrollo Integral Autentico (DIA), Unidad de Izquierda Democratica (UNID), Frente Democratico Nueva Guatemala (FDNG), and Unidad Revolucionaria Nacional Guatemalteca (URNG).