A pension funding plan should be based on an actuarially determined annual required contribution (ARC) that incorporates both the cost of benefits in the current year and the amortization of the plan's unfunded actuarial accrued liability.
What does UAAL stand for?
UAAL stands for Unfunded Actuarial Accrued Liability (aka Unfunded Accrued Actuarial Liability)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UAAL
We have 1 other meaning of UAAL in our Acronym Attic
- United Action Armed Forces
- United Arizona Anglers Foundation (est. 2007)
- User Access Authorization Function
- Utah Animal Advocacy Foundation (Salt Lake City, UT)
- User Agent Accessibility Guidelines
- User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (website disability tool)
- United Australian Automobile Industries
- Universal Advertising Associates, Inc. (Cincinnati, OH)
- Upper Awash Agro-Industry Enterprise (state farm; Ethiopia)
- Unsere Antworten Auf Kritik (German: Our Response to Criticism)
- University Admissions Advice Letter (Australia)
- University of Arkansas Arthropod Museum (Fayetteville, AR)
- United African-American Ministerial Action Council (San Diego, CA; est. 1994; advocacy organization)
- Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian (Sciences; Kiev, Ukraine)
- Urinary Alpha-Amino Nitrogen (nephrology)
- Undergraduate American Academy of Osteopathy
- United Asian American Organizations (University of Michigan)
- Undergraduate Advising and Academic Programming (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- University Athletic Association of the Philippines
- Under Armor Auxiliary Power Unit (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although the city's pension fund had actuarial gains of $55 million last year, its unfunded actuarial accrued liability increased, according to City Auditor James A.
Exhibit 4: OPEB Project Results * Defined contribution health benefit with 10-year vesting requirement for new employees hired on or after July t, 2007 * Savings * $192 million reduction in unfunded actuarial accrued liability (-58%) * $22.
In his report, the auditor said the unfunded actuarial accrued liability for the Worcester Retirement System has increased from $120.
The amount should include the employer's normal cost and a provision(s) for amortizing the total unfunded actuarial accrued liability (unfunded actuarial liability), in accordance with the following requirements: (20) (1) Maximum amortization period--The maximum acceptable amortization period for the total unfunded actuarial liability is thirty years.