This backlog of unfolded proteins triggers a response in the cell called the unfolded protein response (UPR).
What does UPS stand for?
UPS stands for Unfolded Protein Response
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UPS
We have 209 other meanings of UPS in our Acronym Attic
- Ulster Property Sales (UK)
- Ultimate Protection Squad (FIRST Robotics Competition Team 1675)
- Ultraviolet Particle Sizer
- Ultraviolet Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- Ultraviolet Photoemisson Spectroscopy
- Unclaimed Property System (Wagers software used by many states to process unclaimed property)
- Under Provisions of Section
- Undergraduate Professional Study (program)
- Underground Press Syndicate
- Underwater Photographic Society
- Uniform Particle Size
- Uniform Procurement System
- Uniform Publications System
- Uninterrupted Power Source
- Uninterrupted Power Subsystem
- Uninterruptible Power Supply
- Uninterruptible Power System
- Union des Professeurs de Speciales (French: Union of Special Teachers; France)
- Union pour Saint-Dié (French political association)
- Unique Points of Sale
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the unifying themes are that core unfolded protein response factors are conserved among all species active in the decay, and that particular mRNA-associated proteins are important to it.
Cells rely on a very sensitive system known as the unfolded protein response (UPR) to guard against the cellular stress caused by protein folding problems.