Well, because last year, in a high-profile case brought by the Office of Fair Trading against a well-known firm of London agents, the High Court ruled that such clauses are in breach of the snappily-titled Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
What does UTCCR stand for?
UTCCR stands for Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Union Township Community Action Organization, Inc. (Vauxhall, NJ)
- Universitatea Tehnica de Constructii Bucuresti (Romanian: Technical University of Civil Engineering of Bucharest; Romania)
- Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1994 (UK)
- Union Tank Car Company (Chicago, IL)
- Union Township Chamber of Commerce (New Jersey)
- United Technologies Communications Company
- University of Tennessee Computing Center (Knoxville, TN)
- University of Thai Chamber of Commence
- University of Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- University of Toronto Chinese Christian Fellowship (Toronto, ON, Canada)
- Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease
- Uniform Traffic Control Devices (US DOT)
- University of Tennessee College of Dentistry (Memphis, Tennessee)
- Unreal Tournament Clan Dortmund (German gaming clan)
- United Technical College Educators (Minnesota State Colleges and Universities)
- Utah Council of Educators (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Universal Time Correlation Factor
- Underground Testing Coordinating Group
- University of Texas Chemical Compositional Simulator (Groundwater Modeling Systems)
- University of Tennessee Center for the Health Sciences (aka University of Tennessee Health Science Center)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A key element will then be the 'fair and open' requirement of the Gambling Commission, which states: "Licensees must satisfy themselves that the terms which gambling is offered are not unfair under the Unfair Terms In Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
The new Bill combines the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999