The applications the technology could be used for include; underwater robotic vehicles, offshore oil rig platform monitoring, deep ocean surveys in preparation for oil fields, subsea systems inspection, maritime energy storage systems and environmental surveying.
What does URV stand for?
URV stands for Underwater Robotic Vehicle (mechanical engineering)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of URV
We have 8 other meanings of URV in our Acronym Attic
- Underwater Research Unit
- Union de Rugby del Uruguay (Spanish: Uruguay Rugby Club)
- Universal Research Unit
- Universidad Rafael Urdaneta (Venezuela college)
- You Are You
- University Revenue Undertaking Fund (Hawaii)
- Utah Ruby Users Group
- Universidad Rural (Guatemala)
- Ultimate Robotic Vehicle (Fisher-Price toy)
- Unidade Real de Valor (Portuguese: Real Value Unit)
- Union pour Le Renouveau de Versailles (French: Union for Renewal of Versailles; France)
- Unit Readiness Validation
- Unit Risk Values
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Spain)
- Upper Range Value
- Unified Reaction Valley Approach (physical chemistry)
- Upper Respiratory Viral Infection
- Unmanned Robotic Vehicles & Intelligent Systems (conference)
- Union Régionale Vie et Nature (French: Regional Union Life and Nature)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Traykovski and WHOI colleague Rocky Geyer had planned to use an underwater robotic vehicle to survey the inlet's sandy seabed.
Underwater robotic vehicle firm Soil Machine Dynamics (SMD) is deploying a new ERP system to improve project management in the oil, gas and telecoms markets it serves.