Pentagon press secretary George Little said the investigation of Michael Vickers - who is the undersecretary of defense for intelligence - is being conducted by the Pentagon's inspector general, reports The Dawn.
What does USDI stand for?
USDI stands for Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence (US DoD)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of USDI
We have 6 other meanings of USDI in our Acronym Attic
- United States Durum Growers Association (Bismarck, ND)
- United States Disc Golf Championship
- United States Deaf Golf Foundation
- United States Direct Hire
- United States Document Help (Chesapeake, VA)
- United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- United States Department of Homeland Security
- University of San Diego High School (California)
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (usually seen as US HUD)
- United States Dental Institute (Kingsport, TN)
- United States Department of the Interior
- United States Direct Investment Abroad
- United States Deposit Insurance Corporation (fictitious investment company used in investment scam)
- United States Distinguished International Shooter Badge
- United States Department of Justice
- United States District Judge
- US Department of Juggling (Washington, DC)
- United States Disc Jockey Association (professional group)
- Uganda Scholarly Digital Library (Makerere University; Uganda)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gates directed the Armed Forces Chaplains Board and Center to review past guidance and updated to ensure religious support in mass-casualty incidents and he also directed undersecretary of defense for intelligence James Clapper to prepare and coordinate by June a privately owned weapons policy.
James Clapper, undersecretary of defense for intelligence, said analysts are not "clairvoyant mind readers .
The services' nominations are reviewed by the: * Director, Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) * Director, Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) * Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) * Appropriate Geographic Combatant Command DIA and Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA), with Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and GCC concurrence, forward nominations for approval to the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy (USDP) and Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence (USDI).
He presents the case that Rumsfeld, along with Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, CIA Director George Tenant, Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence Stephen Cambone, Lieutentant General Ricardo Sanchez, and a number of other military and White House figures are guilty of concocting and implementing an illegal torture program (Bush and Cheney remain unindicted co-conspirators only until they finish their terms in office).