Hrabowski III, resulting in a report last year, Expanding Underrepresented Minority Participation: America's Science and Technology Talent at the Crossroads.
What does URM stand for?
URM stands for Underrepresented Minority
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of URM
We have 43 other meanings of URM in our Acronym Attic
- Uniform Resource Locator of the Day (site of the day)
- Ukrainian Rural Livelihoods Programme
- Uniform Resource Locator Position Manager (SearchUp, Inc.)
- Universities Rugby League Queensland (Australia)
- Ultrafast Raman Loss Spectroscopy
- Update Resume/Leave Town
- Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
- Your Letter (US Navy)
- Unaccompanied Refugee Minor (children who have come to the United states seeking some type of legal relief)
- Undergraduate Research and Mentoring (various locations)
- Unidad Residencial Montserrat (Madrid, Spain)
- Unified Records Management
- Unified Relationship Matrix (computing)
- Unified Resource Management
- Union Rescue Mission (Los Angeles, CA)
- Universal Recovery Methodology
- Universal Retention Mechanism
- Universal Router Module (Cisco)
- Unreinforced Masonry
- Urban Renaissance Man
Samples in periodicals archive:
DANCERS can help raise money to fund projects and activities to increase the numbers of underrepresented minority ethnic groups on the UK bone marrow, blood and organ donor registers.
The goal is of the program is to double the number of underrepresented minority students earning baccalaureate degrees in STEM fields by 2015, document the findings and expand the reach of the program.
Most disturbing about this data is the obvious implication: without more persons of color earning advanced degrees, there will remain an inadequate supply of underrepresented minority faculty (who at present comprise a woeful 7 percent of full-time faculty at public doctoral institutions), perpetuating a Lack of diversity across college campuses.
Women and underrepresented minority scientists in their countries are especially encouraged to apply for these reentry grants.