Tensions escalated on the Korean Peninsula following North Korea's underground test of a nuclear device in February.
What does UGT stand for?
UGT stands for Underground Test
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UGT
We have 29 other meanings of UGT in our Acronym Attic
- User Group Support Services
- Underground Storage Tank
- Urban Green Spaces Taskforce (UK)
- Urshan Graduate School of Theology (Florissant, Missouri)
- User Global Symbol Table (software)
- User's Group on Software Tools
- Union of Graduate Student Workers
- Underground Tank
- UNDERGROUND TELEPHONE
- União Geral de Trabalhadores (Portugal)
- Union General de Trabajadores (Socialist General Union of Workers)
- Union Générale des Travailleurs (French: General Union of Workers; Brazil; est. 2007)
- United Glass Technologies, Inc.
- Universal Global Translator
- Unstabilized Gunnery Trainer (Raydon)
- Upgrade Training
- Upper Gastrointestinal Tract
- Uridine Diphosphate Glycosyltransferase
Samples in periodicals archive:
While seismic data was able to shed light on the likely yield of the underground test -- estimated at 6-7 kilotons -- the main hunt was for elusive radioisotopes that might confirm the type of fissile material that was used.
The underground test, which set off powerful seismic waves, drew immediate condemnation from Britain, Washington, the UN and others.
I've been involved in the underground tests, including preparing the casing that goes inside the borehole to ensure it's clean and we are not putting any dangerous chemicals or substances into the ground and learning how the rig works.