They found increased levels of a protein called uncoupling protein 3, which made them less efficient at using oxygen needed to make the energy required for running.
What does UCP3 stand for?
UCP3 stands for Uncoupling Protein 3
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of UCP3 in our Acronym Attic
- Upstream Connectivity Pointer
- Urethane Coated Plywood
- Use Case Point
- User Control Panel
- Utility Communications Panel
- Utility Computer Program
- Utility Computing Provider
- Utilization Control Panel
- Uncoupling Protein1 (in mitochondria of brown adipose tissue)
- Uncoupling Protein 2
- Uniform Customs and Practice (guide)
- Un Coup Par An
- Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act (abandoned bill)
- Unfair Competition Prevention Act (law)
- Union Cycliste du Pays d'Argentan (French cycling union)
- Union Nationale des Centres Sportifs de Plein Air (French: Summer Outdoor Activities)
- United Cerebral Palsy Association
- University Career Planning Association
- University Counselling and Placement Association
- University of California Publications in American Archaeology and Enthology
Samples in periodicals archive:
2008b) The common -55 C/T polymorphism in the promoter region of the uncoupling protein 3 gene reduces prevalence of obesity and elevates serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in the general Japanese population.
report that mice lacking a molecule called uncoupling protein 3 (UCP-3) don't suffer fevers or die when given ecstasy.